Arusha (1400 m) Miriakamba Hut (2500 m)
Duration: 5-7 hours of hiking
After breakfast in Arusha early in the morning. You will drive to Momella gate then start the climb. During the climb, trekkers will encounter various wild animals such as giraffes and buffaloes. Lunch will be served the first hut called Miriakamba hut. Dinner and overnight at Miriakamba hut.
Miriakamba Hut (2500 m) - Saddle Hut (3500 m)
Duration: 3-5 hours of hiking
After morning breakfast we proceed with a climb to second hut called Saddle. This is too steep part compared to the first part. During the afternoon, client can decide to attempt climbing little Meru peak and back. Dinner and overnight at Saddle hut.
Saddle Hut (3500 m) - Summit Attempt (4566 m) - Miriakamba Hut (2500 m)
Duration: 10-12 hours of hiking
Wake up at midnight and have a cup of tea before starting the attempt to climb big Meru peak. Proceed to the summit crossing rocky path and reach at sunrise. You will then descend to Meriakamba hut to rest. Lunch, dinner and overnight at Miriakamba hut.
Miriakamba Hut (2500 m) - Arusha (1400 m)
Duration: 2-3 hours of hiking
After breakfast, leave Meriakamba hut and descend down to Momella gate where you will meet our driver who will drive you back to Arusha.
- Transfer to/from Arusha National Park
- Overnight stays in Mountain Huts
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- All Park fees
- Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Large portions of fresh, healthy nutritious food
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Crisis management and safety procedures
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- Airport transfers
- Accommodation in Arusha (Can be arranged upon request )
- Tanzania Visa
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (short safari after your climb etc)
Here are special rates for children basing on their age
2- 5 years
Free of charge sharing with parents
years 50% discount of adult rates